CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

baby shower leftovers

We were given about 5 lbs of roast beef, ham and turkey lunchmeat and 30 wheat and white rolls. They were leftovers from the baby shower yesterday. We are pigging out on sandwiches today and baby carrots with dill dip. O's new favorite snack. I like her taste. I love carrots and dill dip. YUM! Tommorrow I am starting a new exercise program. I need to lose the weight I gained back over winter and the rest til by goal. I am proud that I did not gain back a lot of weight but I did gain back some. I have not been real careful with my eating so I am working back in the exercise first and then the eating better. Eating better is not a problem for me, I like fruit and veggies. The problem is exercise. I love to go for walks and play outside with the kids but I have issues using my DVD's and strength training. The only gym around here with childcare is uber expensive and I could join one of the 3 24 hour gyms but ugh...to go work out AFTER R gets home just after 10 pm and then have to get up at 5:45 for work. Working out before work is not really an option, I cannot get up THAT early. So my plan is to do the DVD at least 3 days a week after the kids are in bed. I have a good 2 hours after they are in bed for me time and I am going to spend 1/2 hour of that time doing my Cindy Crawford and Kathy Kaehler workout DVD's. I read on a forum I frequent recently about the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I looked up reviews on it and I think it is something I want to try after I am bored of Cindy and Kathy. I believe the library has workout DVD's you can borrow for 2 weeks so I am going to try to borrow it first and try it and if I like it I will buy it (amazon.com has it pretty cheap). With getting out for a walk on the good weather nights and my days off and then doing the workout DVD at least 3 nights a week, and my ab exercises every night, I should be in pretty good shape within 6-8 weeks. At least my jeans will fit better again.

So starting tommorrow I am starting the working out, and within a couple weeks, I will start watching what I eat more. I am going to start that now but not as strictly. With my history of eating issues, I have to be sooooooo careful when I diet or change stuff, it is so easy to fall back into the calorie counting/limiting obsession that once ruled my life.

0 comments: