CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

When I take a "couponing break"

I don't actually take a break from using coupons, just from cutting and saving all the ones I might even have the slightest chance of using. When I take a couponing break, I still get my coupons, I just don't buy 2-3 papers. I order my coupons from here. In the little over a year I have been couponing, I have ordered from this site a handful of times. One time there was a mistake on their part, I sent a quick email and they sent out the correct coupons that same day. It takes on average 4 days for me to get coupons from them. If I order on Saturday, they will ship on Monday and I will receive them Friday. I rarely order for sales in the same week I am ordering from them because it does not give me enough time but I will order for upcoming sales or just because I know I will use the coupons regardless of sales. This morning I ordered:

10$1 off Johnson's baby products coupons (more free buddies!)
5 $1 off tidy cat cat litter coupons (makes it .97 for a 10 lb bag at my local Walmart)
3 free pouches or $2.19 off purina cat food coupons.

Each coupon has a handling fee (that varies depending on the face value of the coupon), a mailing fee of the current cost of postage, and a administration fee of 50 cents. my total today was $4.37.

The cost of papers to get the 10 Johnson coupons would have been $22.25. Kinda pointless to buy 10 papers for one specific coupon for a free soap, especially when buying 10 soaps would only be $9.70 + tax. (for the record, this is not something I have done-bought papers for $2.25 for the $1 off coupon but I have bought an extra one or two for a $5 off coupon, making the dog's food free) .I would have had a bunch more coupons too but I am taking a break. I figured I would have spent $4.50-$6.75 on papers this weekend for less "usuable" coupons. So I spent just under the cost of 2 papers for coupons I will use.

Just ask me....LOL....I can justify ANYTHING!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I saved up a ton of coupons to send to you, but they expired so fast it was ridiculous! I had to pitch them. I thought coupons lasted longer, but I guess that has changed.

Jess said...

Some do and some don't. Some expire in less than a month from when I get them. It's crazy. No time to wait for deals.


It's ok. I pitched some of mine too. I had them in the coupon binder and O got a hold of it. You can imagine the mess she made, I'm sure.