We had a good little Easter celebration at home. The kids found the Easter eggs the "Easter Bunny" hid last night. We went to the inlaws for another Egg hunt, O found the most, with a little direction from Momma. I would point and tell her where they were and she would walk over to where it was, laugh, pick the egg up and shake it. My mother in law hides real eggs, while we hid the little plastic ones. O was a bit confused as to why there were no "tweets" inside the eggs, but she got over it pretty fast. After Easter lunch with the inlaws, we headed over to my parents for a non traditional Easter Dinner. We had steaks. O and I took a nap while K played with the neighbor kids and R and my parents sat outside enjoying the weather.
We made a pitstop at Walgreens on the way to my parents' house. Scunci hair ties are on sale this week for $2 and are giving a $2 RR so it works out to $2.11 and then getting $2 back. Not too bad. It is only on the 18 packs. I have gotten 2 so far and plan to get at least 2 more packs before the end of the week. K and I go through a lot of hair ties. We both have long thick hair. Generally mine break because they make great teething rings (ask O about that), or they get stretched out because they double as garter belts (according to K, who insists that the extra 1 or 10 that she HAS to have need to go on her leg instead of her wrist like mommy). So between the bite marks and the stretching, they get abused and/or lost. We need to have more in the house. The dollar store ones just don't cut it for thick hair.
In case you haven't noticed, I am taking my blog in a bit of a new direction the last couple of days. I still plan to post my deals, etc but I am taking a bit of a couponing break. Not chasing the deals so much and just enjoying what we have. For one, I have been working a lot lately and not into the deals as much. Two: R's new job has slowed significantly and because I am a worrier I am going to be working on squirreling away some money. I wouldn't worry so much but if he were to get laid off again, his unemployment would not be much and would probably not cover our bills completely. I worry about. That also leads me into a predicament that may or may not happen in the next week but will most likely happen soon. I have a friend who has moved away. She still works in this town but is looking for employment where she is living now. When she does get other employment she wants me to take her job, in a small office. Because it is just her and her boss, she wants to leave her boss with a very capable employee. She talked to me a lot about the position and it is something I am interested in and my friend thinks that I would be perfect for it. Her boss would want someone to start ASAP and from the way my friend talks, she would hire someone based on my friend's word, rather than interviewing multiple people for the position. So in a nutshell, the job would most likely be mine, if I want it, which I do. The issue comes in because it would be more hours than I currently work but less pay. I would still be paying the sitter the same rate and bringing home slightly less than I do now. I would not see the kids as much. But on the otherhand, I would not work any weekends (I rarely do now except during the Christmas season), no overtime, and I would know week to week what I would be bringing home whereas now I do not know. I may be scheduled 25 hours, I may only work 8 of those hours because they are not busy and they cancel my shift, I may work the 25 hours, or I may work more, if they are busy and they call me in to work an extra shift or to come in early. It is chaotic and hard on the kids. Especially hard when I have a day off, but then I get called in. Nothing is in stone yet. My friend has another interview tommorrow and then I will know more but in the mean time I am sitting here wondering, what do I do? Do I go for less pay and stability considering R's employment or do I stay where I am and consider the money? If I do leave there is no going back until Christmas season. If a person leaves my current employer they do not hire another person to replace them, they just adjust the schedules of others to cover that person's shifts. That is why so many people work in multiple departments. So I am at a loss here. I am not sure what to do. I ran the numbers and they come out to just slightly less than what I make now and working more hours but the stability is what I am looking for, especially with the economy the way it is but really....is any job safe in this ecomony...that is the million dollar question.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Happy Easter
Posted by Jess at 10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment