CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A "deal-icious" day!

What a great day I had today.

First off, I took the kids to the sitter and headed to my dentist appointment. They knocked $52 off my bill because I am a good customer. I laughed at that and am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. I mean, bad because I am there a lot OR good because I pay my bills early or on their due date. I assume the receptionist meant the latter. It was nice to have almost 1/2 of my bill knocked off. The reason is because ever since I started going to the dentist on my own I have gotten the nitrous oxide (AKA laughing gas). It used to be because I was afraid of needles. I am not longer afraid of needles, have 2 children by c-section (one of which was induced before the c-section happened) will do that to you. Now they give it to me because it relaxes me...and my gag reflex. I have a really touchy gag reflex and for some reason the gas will relax that so I am not trying to gag up on the drill and other dental equipment. Well, my new insurance does not cover the gas. The dental assistant never checked my new insurance so they found out when they ran my card that it would not cover it so they knocked that off my bill. They also knocked off the price of the base things I had to have. My cavities were pretty deep so they had to fill it in with a hardener before they filled it. So anyway that worked out really well.

Next I went to the outlet mall. I am tired of trying to find pants that will fit K in the waist and the length. She is a 3T in waist but a girls 5-6 in lenght. Almost impossible to find. I know Old Navy and Carter's have adjustable was jeans and I had coupons for each store! CHA CHING!
At Old Navy I got:

1 black V neck shirt for .82
1 blue perfect T for $1.68
1 red perfect T for $1.67
2 pairs of jeans for K ($8.49 and $8.50)

This was after the discounts...grand total was $23.33 Not bad for Old Navy stuff!

Then a quick jaunt into Carter's to check out the $5,$7,$9 sale.
While I only got one thing (a pair of shorts for k for $5) from the sale I found an amazing clearance sale.

I got K one pair of jeans for $7.80 and 2 pairs for $5.99 each. AWESOME! Grand total at Carter's was $26.27. I had a discount coupon for $10 off when you spend $50. I could have spent $50 if I got the kids some pjs (that they really don't need) and some pants (that O could wear now but she has all K's outgrown clothes to grow into.

After my mall deals, I had lunch with a friend. Awesome new Italian place that just opened in town. Good food and even better bread! Decent prices too.

After lunch, I had another appointment and R asked me to pick him up a new pair of jeans. His fav pair actually came from Walmart years ago (like before we had K so almost 4 years ago) and they are getting worn out so I wen tot get him another pair. They did not have the same ones so I got him another brand in the style he likes and I found a pair of Dickies work pants on clearance for $5. They are denim as well. I perused the rest of the clearance and found some pretty good deals. I got some fleece long sleeve nightgowns on clearance for $1 each, 1 for me and 1 for MIL for Christmas, I got 3 pairs of leggings (2 for me and 1 for mom) for $1 each. I love leggings for bumming around at home, doing yard work or whatever. They are especially nice for sleeping in. They had v neck Hanes t-shirts on clearance for $3 and while they are kinda shorter than I like they are a good layering piece so I picked up 2. I can never have enough t-shirts. My workplace is casual, pretty much anything goes, so t-shirts are a wardrobe staple! I used $4 in coupons and got some cat litter. Total was $48 and $30 of that was on R for his 2 pairs of jeans and his sub. He is in love with the subs from the Walmart Deli so everytime I go he has to have me pick one up. They are $5 but are HUGE and make 2 lunches for him.

I did 2 Walgreens runs today as well. They have a coupon out for today only to save 15% on items and 20% on Walgreens brand items and you get a free reusable shopping bag if you have this coupon. I had 2.
1st run:
bic lighter for the grill $2.12
excedrin back and body for R $5.94 (found a b1g1f package buried in the back!)
and 4 walgreens brand pain relievers $3.20 (.80 each)
total paid OOP after coupon and RR was $9.88
2nd trip:
3 walgreens brand pain relievers $2.40
Total OOP after RR $0.53


so all in all a good day :)

0 comments: