CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

quick grocery trip tonight~saved 92%!!!!

I ran to the grocery store tonight (ok I drove but still...it was a quick trip) after the kids were down for the night. I forgot how nice it is to go shopping by myself. R got done with work early the last 2 days because he had to start earlier. It has been nice having him home in the evenings :)

I got 13 cans of stored brand canned fruit. They were on sale for $1/can except the pineapple, that was on sale for .89/can. I also got 4 boxes of purina cat food, a small box of store brand sandwich bags, and 4 boxes of cereal. I had coupons for the purina (free~I was hoping for the overage...the coupon was for free up to $2.19 and the cat food was $1.89/box. I was hoping that they would just scan the coupon and it would take $2.19 off but no such luck but hey free is free!), and the cereal. Kelloggs cereals are on sale for $2/box at my local store and I had $1 off coupons for each box. Kelloggs cereals are normally $3.79/box at this store so even $2 is a good price but $1 is awesome. So between the cereal, the free cat food and the fruit, I made out with a 92% savings on my shopping. I know the pineapple is normally $1.09-$1.19/can but I am not sure the regular price on the other fruit. I forgot to check but I think it is $1.39 or $1.49/can. The kids and I love fruit as a snack. We all prefer fresh but hey...we'll take what we can get.

Don't forget to enter my contest. Details are in a previous post. I need more entrants! Keep the ideas coming!!

0 comments: