A friend last night asked me what I do all day now that I stay home with the kids. Everything, I do everything. He called me a slacker...obviously he does not have children...or a wife. LOL Stay at home moms, or any mom for that matter, are not slackers. Far from it. My day doesn't start when I punch a time clock and my day does not end at 5 pm. My day starts about 7 and ends about 10 pm. I do not get a lunch break or breaks throughout the day. I constantly work. A look into my day, yesterday.
7 am get up, let dog out, get kids up and make breakfast, change diaper, kids eat breakfast, quick breakfast, for me while I check email, start laundry, do dishes, finish up batch of homemade laundry detergent I started yesterday, help kids clean their rooms, answer phone, scrub bathroom, Switch laundry and start new load, pick up living room, make lunch, change diaper, kids nap time, make brownies, shovel sidewalk while brownies bake, bring up garbage cans and recycling bin, get mail, pay bills, check grocery ads and compare coupons to ad, switch laundry again, get kids up from nap, change diaper, figure out what to make for dinner, fold and put away laundry, start dinner, eat dinner, do dishes, kids' baths, change diaper, play with kids, change diaper, put kids to bed, take a couple hours after kid's bedtime to finish up odds and end housework, search for R's missing razor, find missing razor in fridge (don't you keep razor's in the fridge?!?! Apparently we do now. No clue how it got there but I am guessing one of the kids), check on kids, start to head to bed and realize I forgot to do this, that and the other, do that stuff, head to bed, realize that I never even left the house today except to shovel and get mail. Not to mention that I also break up 1000 little fights, give hugs and kisses, play with the kids, dance crazy in the living room, and just enjoy my life a whole lot more.
Today is shaping up to be the same way except for a sick kid. K is complaining of a stomach ache...
~Jess~
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
What I do now that I stay home with the kids
Posted by Jess at 8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a stupid chick ask me one time "What do you do all day? Just sit around watching TV?" Oh how I wanted to slap her.
Nope, taking care of kids, business stuff, errands, and just life keeps me pretty busy thank you very much.
yeah my friend is single with no kids or a wife, although he does have a girlfriend but she doesn't have kids either. He just doesn't understand. I took the kids to his house once and I think he started to understand that I don't just sit around. They were very..ummmm..active at his house. LOL...yeah that's a good way to say it. They got into everything. New non child-proof place..yeah...it was tiring.
Post a Comment