Pretty silly, considering it is THEIR program but at least I know what I am doing. LOL. Granted not ALL Walgreens employees do not understand the system as I have meet some that do understand it but the ladies today (one of which is some sort of manager) did not understand it.
I went in to use my $3RR from huggies, and another MFQ for the dove mens body wash. I threw in a 50 cent filler item so I could use both the RR and the MFQ. I knew it would work just fine. The cashier told me it wouldn't work, that I couldn't use all the stuff. The register wouldn't take it. I asked her to try and it took. Then she told me that it wouldn't print my $6 RR for buying the bodywash. I said I am willing to bet it does because I have done this same deal already once this week. She said it won't. I said well if it doesn't then it is my loss so let's just finish this up. Ok then. And I paid and Voila the $6 RR printed. She said "how did you make it do that?" WHAT?!?! Then she says "it isn't supposed to work like that. They (I assume management) told us it wouldn't work. How did you do that? So she calls over a manager and starts telling her about it while I grabbed up my bag and got the heck out of there. I am not doing anything wrong. It is their system and by all accounts works at every store like that so IDK...I think Walgreens needs to train some of their staff better. This lady missed out on a sale before mine by telling an older gentleman that if he used his MFQ on a razor it wouldn't print his register reward when in fact it would have. I didn't want to speak up and butt in because A. I didn't know if he had another RR to use and it would not have printed and I didn't really have the time to explain it to someone. If I had the time at that particular moment I would have.
$5.99 body wash
.50 peeps
-1.25 MFQ for bodywash
-3.00 RR from huggies
$2.60 including tax and I got back a $6 RR
and they said I couldn't do it....HA!
on another note, I went to the grocery store real quick to get some lasagna noodles and cottage cheese. Rodney wanted some lasagna roll ups he saw in a magazine so I made them for dinner but needed the noodles and cheese for them. I had $5 left in the grocery budget for the week (which is fine because there was nothing else to get this week). I was shocked at how expensive cottage cheese is. I NEVER NEVER buy it except for lasagna and I never buy it unless it is on sale. I plan lasagna for dinner around a sale on cottage cheese. Wierd, I know but it works for us. Well they had 6 containers of cottage cheese, the big containers, marked down to 49 cents each. They expire tommorrow but because we never use it except for in lasagna, I bought all 6 to freeze the extra. I won't have to just make lasagna when cottage cheese is on sale now. The texture will be different but since it gets baked anyway it won't matter.
~Jess~
Monday, February 8, 2010
and I know more about the register rewards program than the people at Walgreens
Posted by Jess at 6:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you use RR on any product? Or are they specific to a product?
As for cottage cheese - my husband hates it, but I put it in the blender and cream it up so there are no lumps and he has no idea it's in there. He loves it! Haha! Texture - who needs texture!
Hey Mary. When you receive a RR you can use it on pretty much anything (the exclusions include stuff like tobbacco, dairy, alcohol, prescriptions, etc.). If I don't have anything to use mine on and they are about to expire, I get diapers or OTC pain relievers. I like to try to "roll" mine so I get the most bang for my buck but it isn't always possible. Next week looks like a lame week for me so hopefully the following week is better for deals I can roll otherwise it's diapers for O, since the stubborn child will NOT use the potty yet.
Post a Comment