2 bone in chicken breasts with skin still on them (or more if you have a bigger family...2 of the bigger breasts are great for the 4 of us)
2 tablespoons or so of butter
italian seasoning
garlic powder
stick some of the butter up under the skin of each chicken breast (really not as gross as it sounds). sprinkle italian seasoning and garlic powder on top of chicken. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake at 350* for 35-50 minutes flipping chicken over halfway through. I use a meat thermometer to tell when the chicken is done. 170* is done. Ours was still partially frozen so it took about 55 minutes. If it is completely defrosted, it takes about 35 minutes usually. I start with the bone side down and flip it halfway through so the juices soak into both sides of the chicken. Covering it while baking is important so the chicken retains the moisture. Delicious easy chicken that R says is the best chicken ever. I hate chicken skin so before I eat mine I pull it off but I do cook with it on so it retains the moisture. The only thing worse to me than chicken skin is dry chicken. YUCK!
~Jess~
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
simple and tasty garlic and herb chicken
Posted by Jess at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment