K has been opening her window and throwing random toys and other stuff out. Not a huge deal but I do not want her to fall out and the screens are easily lifted and have actually fallen out once when the cats were sitting in the windows. Not safe at all. So I went to the hardware store and the guy that was "helping" me said they don't make a window lock like I was talking about. So I thanked him for his help but kept looking anyway. I KNOW they did because I looked up online before I went there. So yeah. He walked away and I kept looking and I found them. $1.49 for a set of 2. I got 4 locks total and they are TIGHT. I don't think she will be able to get them undone or knock them off the window. It is pretty tough. I couldn't move it, even trying my hardest to shove the window up. HA! Now wanna take bets on how long until she outsmarts these locks? I plan to buy 4 more and put them on the other side of the windows so they are doubly locked. I am hoping to maybe find a more permanent, but less expensive solution. So far so good though. She tried her hardest, with me watching, to get that lock of the window and it wouldn't budge.
This is what they look like installed. Nevermind the dirty window...spring window cleaning is right around the corner :)
~Jess~



0 comments:
Post a Comment