CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Free Food!

Not a deal for everyone but it is a deal for us.  I got the hook up. LOL.  A relative of my FIL (I am sure we are related but IDK how so he is essentially my FIL's relative...got that? lol) works for a local canning factory.  They had an issue with the label maker and 100 cases (yes CASES!!) of whole kernel corn were not able to be sold (they are not damaged but the labels wouldn't go on them and they can't run them back through or something IDK for sure).  The company tried to donate them to the food pantry but they will not take food without a label.  FIL's relative and some other employees were told to take as much as they wanted and get rid of it...no sense in it going to waste.  This relative ended up with 20 + cases of corn.  He have a bunch to my FIL who in turn gave 3 cases to R and I.  I have to go pick them up.  I am pretty excited.  The kids love corn and I won't have to buy any for awhile.  I had to figure out where to put them in the pantry but I got that figured out today and we are set.  Bring on the free corn!

~Jess~

0 comments: