CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 12, 2010

grocery day!

Our grocery budget refreshes on Friday so we went grocery shopping today.  I left with $57 ($7 of which was actually not grocery money...just spending money) and came home with $17 and a couple dollars in change.  The change goes in a jar so I don't even bother to count it.  I never pay with change so IDK how much there was..probably a couple dollars worth.

Anyway we went to Aldis, a local store, Dollar Tree and Walgreens.

Aldis
fruit punch concentrate 82 cents
baking soda 49 cents
2 tubes of biscuits 38 cents each
1 box of 12 packs of Ramen noodles $1.79
2 packs of 4 pears in each pack 49 cents each pack
pancake mix $1.49
2 bags Chocolate Chips $1.69
4 lbs of onions 99 cents

Local store
2 1/2 lbs of sirloin steak (on sale for $2.78/lb) $6.92
2 roma tomatoes $1.15 (OUCH!  R asked for tacos for dinner so I had to get tomatoes and lettuce..neither of which is on sale but I will make BLTs for dinner one night as well so it is not a waste)
1 bag of shredded lettuce $1.79  (the heads of lettuce were just a few cents cheaper and I like the shredded better so I spent the extra $ even though it is less lettuce)
green grapes  on sale for $1.48/lb  $2.55
10 lbs of potatoes $1.98

Dollar tree=everything $1.  We went here for new nightlights and a couple other things.  We decided to get my single friend a chocolate rose and a helium balloon to deliver to her work today for Valentines' day.

Chocolate rose
helium ballon
stickers for K
small balloon for O
chewy for the dog
peeps
diet coke for me
6 pack of juice boxes for the kids
jug of sunny D
2 night lights
1 jar candle

Walgreens....best deals of the day!
free 8x10 collage photo
huggies diapers $7.64
peeps 42 cents
2 russell stover hearts $1
I used a Walgreens friends and family coupon for 15% off most items and 20% of Walgreens brand items (good today only...get one from their website!)
I used a $2 coupon from Huggies on the diapers
and used a $6 RR from the Bodywash deal.

I paid $1.40 and got back a $3 RR for buying huggies.    I saved $15.52 at Walgreens.


~Jess~

0 comments: