CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

my first day as a SAHM...yep I quit work

I decided to take some money from my paycheck and get a few things on sale. I have one more check next week and plan to put that all to savings, if I can, after I pay the sitter but I wanted to get a few things this week and I put $20 away for later.


Anyway so here is what I got
5 NY strip steaks
1 ribeye steak (the ribeyes looked really fatty so I picked through and found one that wasn't covered in fat. IK the fat is supposed to be there but YUCK!)
2 donuts for the kids (snack for while we were at the laundromat washing my huge blankets that won't fit in my washer at home)
bottle of OJ
2 bottles of juice to go with the kids donuts
1 2 lb box of thick slice hormel bacon
1 loaf of bread
Total $21 and change

After my blankets were done we went to the grocery store on the other side of town and got Angel soft TP on sale and had a $1 off coupon. Also got chicken breasts on sale and had $1 off coupon. Total was $9.

Then after R got home I showed him the bacon and he said how much was it. I told him $2.99 for the box. He told me to go get a couple more so I went back and got 2 more boxes..so $6 for 4 more lbs of bacon. Then I went to Walgreens tonight and spent $1.34 on 2 containers of coffee, a cadbury creme egg, gum for him, and 2 cups. I had a RR to use up and he had enough coffee stockpiled but might as well roll the RR into something useful. LOL.

so for $38 today I got
6 steaks
1 pack of 7 chicken breasts
6 lbs of bacon
1 big pack of TP
2 containers of coffee
2 cups
1 pack of gum
1 treat for me
OJ
bread
2 juices for the kids
2 donuts for the kids

not too bad. I was pretty happy. I had $70 I could spend. I saved $20 and used the last $12 from the $50 I planned on spending to put gas in my car. I am now set. The gas in my car should last 2-3 weeks since I am full now and don't drive a whole lot. We have plenty of chicken and bacon and are pretty good on steaks (we cook on the grill 4-5 nights a week in the summer so we eat a lot of chicken, steaks, bratwurst, burgers, shishkabobs, etc). I would like to get a few more steaks because when we make shishkabobs one steak is enough for all of us because I use a lot of veggies on them. mmmm I am hungry for them NOW!

I spent most of my first day home running errands, cleaning and worrying about DH.  He is sick.  I made him go to the doctor tonight and he found out he has a nasty sinus infection, which I diagnosed him as having on Monday when he came home early from work and told him to go to the doctor but NOOOOOO can't do that.  So yesterday he calls me and says he is really sick.  I told him to go to the doctor for the 50th time since Monday and he said...will you make me an appointment.  Fine, Whatever.  So I made the appointment and he went and the doctor asked why he didn't come in sooner since he has had a headache since Saturday that not even my migraine prescription, imitrex pills, would kill.  Should listen to the wife more, LOL, but he now has a couple prescriptions and will hopefully be on the mend soon!  Next week his paycheck will be a bit short because he missed 4 1/2 hours this week but I will get my last check so if we need it I can use that to make up the difference, even though I prefer to save it. 

~Jess~

0 comments: