CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

slow grocery week next week for me

I have nothing that I need besides milk and bread.  The sale ads are lackluster at best.  I do have a Walgreens run to do and here is that list

Right Guard deodorant $2.99 BOGO sale
Excedrin $2.50 sale

I have 2 $2 off any excedrin product coupons and 2 $2 off 2 right guard deodorant coupons.  So the excedrin will be 50 cents each and the deodorant will be 99 cents for 2.  I also have $7 in RR to use.  I will need a filler item to be able to use them and I like to try and "roll" them so my target for filler items will be Goody Ouchless elastics.  They are on sale for $2.99 and you get a $2RR.  We can never have enough ponytail holders in this house so I will use them as my filler item.  My transactions will look like this.

transaction #1
Right guard $2.99
Right guard $0.00
Excedrin     $2.50
Excedrin     $2.50
elastics       $2.99
subtotal     $10.98
coupon     -$2.00 for right guard
coupon     -$2.00 excedrin
coupon     -$2.00 excedrin
new total    $4.98
RR           -$3.00 from huggies deal a couple weeks ago
total I pay  $1.98 + tax and get $2 RR for buying elastics

transaction #2
Right guard $2.99
Right guard $0.00
elastics       $2.99
subtotal      $5.98
coupon     -$2.00 (right guard)
new total    $3.98
RR           -$3.00 from huggies
total I pay  $0.98 + tax and get $2RR for buying elastics

Transaction #3
elastics      $2.99
subtotal     $2.99
RR          -$1.00 (from folgers coffee this week)
total I pay $1.99+ tax and get $2RR for elastics. 

I don't know yet if I will do the 3rd transaction.  It is a bit more than I normally like to pay out of my pocket BUT I do need to use up the $1 RR before it expires.  If I do this I will wait until the end of next week so I can see a preview ad for the following weeks to figure out if I should just save it and try to roll it or use it up.  We can never have enough pony tail holders in this house so I just might use it.

~Jess~

0 comments: