CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

snowstorm Walgreens trip and some thoughts

I needed to leave the house for bread tonight and I got some huggies coupons in the mail today.  I went to Walgreens to do that deal and use up the last bodywash coupon.  I know I said I might not use it but since I could use the RR from the bodywash on the diaper and use the diaper one on another bodywash I thought What the heck...might as well.  It is snowing out but I took the Jeep...smooth sailing in that thing.  I love driving that in the winter.  You would think in town the roads wouldn't be so bad but evidently they stopped the plows.  Main street wasn't bad but our street was horrible.  We are not leaving here tommorrow until after a plow comes through if we leave at all.  I think my car would probably get stuck on our street.  That is just how addicted dedicated I am to my Walgreens deals.  So here is what my transactions looked like:

#1
huggies $8.99
peeps      .50  used as a filler so I could use a RR and a huggies coupon
coupon  -1.00
RR        -6.00 (from bodywash the other day)
Total     $3.01 including tax and got back a $3 RR

#2
$5.99 Bodywash
    .69 candy bar (filler again)
-1.00 body wash coupon
-  .20 walgreens coupon for candy bar (store coupons do not require a filler)
-3.00 RR from Huggies
$2.84 total including tax and got back a $6 RR for the body wash

Total Savings tonight was $14.69
Total spent $5.85 and came out the same on my RR.  I went in with 3 and came out with 3.  I have $18 of Walgreens "money" now to spend on whatever.

**Some thoughts**
It has been thought of for quite awhile in this house that once my car was paid off I would stay home with the kids again.  The little bit of extra money I make after the additional taxes we pay on my income and after paying the sitter is really not worth the hassles involved.  After my car was paid off, it was oh lets wait until we have some money saved.  Then it became we are this close, let's wait to see what the bonus is.  Well the bonus announcement comes a week from tommorrow.  Many people that I work with are very pessimistic about us even getting one so R and I have discussed it and here is the results.

Should we not be getting a bonus, I will give my notice that day.  I am giving two weeks because I would like to return to this employer at some point. I do like my job there and it is a good fit for me so I would in the future like to have this place as an option.

Should my bonus be under 2% I will still give my notice that day.  My bonus of under 2% is NOT worth the hassles...After taxes it would be less than $100 and not worth sticking it out until the end of April for.

If my bonus is 2-3%, R and I will do some figuring that night and decide what should happen.

If my bonus is 4-5%, I am staying until it is paid out.  For 2008, we got a 4% bonus.  It was nice!  I made about 1/2 as much that year as I did in 2009 so it could be a nice bonus if we get 4% again and would be well worth holding out for.


******* edit*******
So I talked to a work friend tonight and I am completely wrong on the bonus program.  It is based on hours worked and not pay and it is also based on your reviews.  If my memory serves me right, my last review from my old department (which actually happened AFTER I quit that department completely) was ok but I had one low mark which brought my total rating down to one step lower than required to get the bonus.  So I probably wouldn't get one anyway.  I am waiting until the meeting to make my final decision though...I want to know FOR SURE that I am not leaving a nice chunk of money behind when I quit.




~Jess~

0 comments: