I went to a dig and save thrift outlet today for the first time. I have driven past this one a few times (it is about an hour drive for me) but never stopped. I was going to this town anyway to check out Toys R us for dollhouses for the girls for Christmas and doing a thrift store tour so I stopped. I had gone to a couple Goodwills and another thrift store first. More upscale than what I was about to walk into....
Having never been to a "dig n save", I had some notions in my head on what I *thought* it would be like...maybe sorted by size or category at least, obviously not marked as clothing was $1/lb but I thought it would be slightly organized. It was not. The only organization was toys here, linens here, gigantic boxes of clothes here, wow! I was a bit skeeved out. I do not consider myself a high class person, more low to middle class country type of girl. I am more comfortable in jeans or sweatpants and a t-shirt than I am in a dress and I do not own a single pair of high heels. That being said...this place shocked my middle class self. People rummaging around in this big cardboard boxes digging for that perfect item. I walked around for a bit at first. A bit nervous, a bit out of my element but I decided to give it a shot (not only for myself but for a friend who was in desperate need of pants for her daughters)...tried one box..gingerly digging through..I found a Barbie dress in the next size bigger than my oldest needs...SCORE!! Ok I can try this.. Dug around in the next big box..Hanna Andersson Skort..in the size I assume my youngest will be in next summer...Double score! Ok I was starting to get into this now..By the third big box I was hooked. I found 5 pairs of pants for my friend's girls, a bunch of pants for my oldest, shirts, dresses, and even a couple things for hubby and I. I also found a sheet set from the Disney store for my oldest with the little Mermaid on it. All total I spent $16 at this thrift store and left with 36 pieces of name brand clothing. WOW!
At the other thrift stores I went to today I got a pair of Levis for myself, 2 summer dresses for the girls and 2 barbies...one brand new in the box for $1.99. Nice!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
My first "dig n save" outlet experience AKA my alone day
Posted by Jess at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment