Liv, Kait and I went "thriftin" this morning. We hit up 3 thrift stores and dollar tree. At the first thrift store we only got a musical jewelry box for Kait. It has the dancing ballerina in it and plays "somewhere over the rainbow". She found it and had to have it. It was only $1 so that was fine.
We went to Dollar tree next and I got an assortment on things: a ride on pony stick for Liv, a hannah montana notebook for Kait, pastry brushes (because I made some breadsticks with dough from the bread machine the other night and wanted to put some melted butter with garlic on them but realized I have no brushes for that), a bottle of diet coke, and a few other miscellanous things. Then we stopped at the 2nd thrift store where the only score was a Hannah Montana shirt for Kait for a quarter. Our third stop was pretty good. We got a $4 little tikes shopping cart and a $2 sweatshirt for Rodney. We came home for a bit and Liv went down for a nap.
Rodney was home so Kait and I decided to run out to my parents for a bit and dig through the basement stuff to see if we could find a couple more sweatshirts for Rodney and we found 2 that would work. He needs them for work and I hate to buy new ones for that purpose. He works in grease and clothes don't handle that well. They used to supply uniforms there (and they still might) but they are really uncomfortable and stiff and cost $5 a week so he chooses to wear his clothes (special clothes that are just for work that I get from the thrift store and it ends up being cheaper than the $5/week rental fee anyway :) ). So when we were there mom and dad decided that we should go to another town. We stopped at a Goodwill and I found a hooded sweatshirt for $4, finding a hooded sweatshirt was part of my mission today. After Goodwill we went to Walmart and I got another hoodie for $10. Cool! We also made a quick stop to the bent and dent but there wasn't much I needed. I ended up just picking up a few things that I always get there (organic butter YUM!).
Saturday, October 3, 2009
a good way to spend a a rainy Saturday
Posted by Jess at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment