CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

day off today

My shift for today got cancelled. Due in part to new training groups for the holiday season at work and also due to business being slooooooow. But it didn't bother me, I don't mind having a day off :)

We had a pretty good day so far. The girls and I went to Aldi for baking supplies. I usually get sugar, flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, oil, cooking spray, and pancake mix and syrup there. I often get the frozen juice concentrate there as well. They have really good prices on the essentials. Price vary by store but at ours flour is 99 cents for 5 lbs, sugar is $1.39 for 5 lbs, brown sugar is $1.19, Oatmeal is $1.59 for a huge container, and pancake mix is $1.39 a box. I needed all the baking supplies replenished. Our total for everything was $24 and that included 3 bags of flour, 1 each of brown sugar, regular sugar, raisins, oatmeal, cooking spray, some Hannah montanna dried fruit, 2 containers of frozen juice, 3 packages of Halloween peeps, 2 bottles of syrup, 2 boxes of pancake mix, and a few other things that I don't remember off the top of my head.

After Aldi we stopped at the thrift store and spent a whooping 58 cents. A barbie for 50 cents and a pair of feetie pjs for 5 cents. I buy from the nickel bin for pjs for Liv. She likes to strip herself and it is too cold for that so I cut the feet off and put the pjs on her backwards. Then she can't strip herself at night.

We stopped at our local grocery on the way back home for some bread flour, a head of lettuce and a tomato. We have having tacos for dinner tonight and BLTs tommorrow night. I have been using all purpose flour in my bread machine but am hoping that bread flour will give me a lighter loaf as the all purpose flour makes a tasty but dense bread.

Finally, our last stop before coming home, was a quick trip into the local thrift store where I found a long sleeve harley davidson tee shirt for $6. That made my day.

0 comments: