I have been super couponing for about 18 months now, stockpiling sale items for slightly longer and I can honestly say that I have no desire to return to my previous methods of grocery shopping. I find that the longer I keep this up, the less I remember the way it used to be. How I would go through the cupboards and make a list and shop based on that list and what I *thought* we were out of, only to come home and find out I already had 2-3 of what I thought we needed. Sigh. I wasted so much time and money back then. My current approach is very streamlined, organized and thought out. Monday I check grocery ads, pull out my coupons, make my list. Thursday (payday) I hit the stores I need to to get the deals. We fill in as needed with fresh fruit, veggies, milk, bread, and eggs. We hit the bent and dent once or twice a month for fill in items, and Aldi once every couple months for the things we buy there. I love this system.
I realize that my system is not for everyone but it works well for us and I will keep it up as long as I can.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
how far we've come
Posted by Jess at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment