CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

couple dollar tree things

I stopped at Dollar Tree last night for sand pails for the girls Easter Baskets and a few other things.  I found dish soap, a 50 oz bottle.  Of course it was only $1 so I was skeptical but I bought one anyway and it is actually pretty decent stuff.  I went back today because we had to go elsewhere in the same town and got a couple more.  I am always on the hunt for a cheap decent dish soap.  I can get a 28 oz bottle here in town for $1 (sometimes 2 for $1 if they put it on sale...which has only happened once in the last year)  and I really can't do much better than that even with coupons so I use that kind generally.  I saw this 50 oz and thought it might be ok and it was.  It didn't suds up the greatest without using my sprayer but neither does my normal stuff.  I use the sprayer to get it good and sudsy and that has become a habit now and is no big deal.  This stuff actually smells pretty good too.  I got the fresh scent.  The true test will be when I pretreat some of DH's greasy work clothes with it.  Dawn is an excellent pretreater for greasy clothes and my other usual dish soap worked ok too.  I hope this does as well.  Then I will be sold on it.  I only hope it is something Dollar Tree intends on carrying all the time.  Otherwise I will buy a bunch and keep up the hunt when that runs out.

I also found bigger scour pads (5 in a pack).  They are easily cut in half so 10 for $1.  I use them on the stove and in the oven mostly but they work well so I got a pack of them. 


~Jess~

0 comments: