What I have accomplished
bathroom walls and trim completely done
hallway walls done
hallway closet door done
all stairs but 1 (and the broken ones) primed
stairway trim primed
bathroom door and trim painted
kitchen trim
kitchen door
hallway trim
K's bedroom door
5 boards to stain for cabinets (by Saturday)
started painting stairs
bought carpet treads for stairs
stairway trim
What I need to finish
O's bedroom door
stairs fixed
stairs painted
cabinets installed (on Saturday)
ok I was taking pics of my kitchen to post here for before pics and decided that I am really unhappy with the microwave shelf above the stove and I hate the "vent to nowhere" (aka the vent/light above our stove that serves no real purpose). So I moved the microwave to the white pantry stand and took down the shelf above the stove. I measured it and had to go to the hardware store for paint for the stairs so I bought another cabinet to go in that spot. However the cabinet is 6 inches too narrow to completely fill that spot. I thought about putting a spice cabinet up there but R had a much better idea.
The shelf that held the microwave is a nice thick shelf. He suggested leaving the 6 inches lacking cabinets in between the two closest to the stove and cutting that shelf into 3 shelves to fit in there, making it open shelves in that spot. We did some measuring and that willl work great so that is what we are going to do. It will hold cooking oil on the bottom shelf. My knives or spices in the middle and something else on the top shelf. It will look so good I think. So that added another mini project but not a huge deal. I am really excited about it!
~Jess~
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
accomplishments*updated* and new project added...sheesh!
Posted by Jess at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment