So the kids asked for pet nets. You know the mesh like things that go in a corner of a room for holding stuffed animals. Only problem is the white mesh ones are so....well, plain. I got this bright idea. I am not very crafty so for now it doesn't look the greatest but I am working on fixing them to make them look better. O loves hers. K, not so much. My mom does sew and has some time off at the end of this week so I am hoping I can show her my idea and see if she can come up with a better way to do it. If you have any ideas (the simpler the better), let me know.
The fleece on O's is actually a tie blanket K and I made once for her baby dolls. It doesn't look too bad for a 2 minute project but I am hoping to make it look nicer otherwise I will just scrap the idea, buy the plain ones and dress them up a bit. As you can see our upstairs is consider a 1/2 story. The slanted ceilings are easy to paint but not so easy for trying to hang things straight.
~Jess~

2 comments:
That is a great idea! Would K like a different type of fabric? It's so nice to reuse something that's just not being used, and thrifty too! Maybe she would like the same if it were made of a lighter fabric such as baby receiving blankets, bandanas, scarves (the old lady kind that are thin polyester), the skirt of an old easter dress, the possibilities are endless. Good Luck pleasing your picky one.
She is mad because I used the ducks in O's room. She wanted the ducks. But I found the Elmo fleece sheet I made for her crib when she was a baby and she said that would be cool so we are going to use that one. I have some stars fleece that I made diapers out of and I have about a yard left so I could make another in her room with that if she likes it. I have to get it out of my tote box of unfinished craft stuff. So that will be a few days...when I get out the tote of summer clothes to go through. Probably next Monday. I have a project list a mile long for Monday. Mom is taking the kids that day and I am getting lots of stuff done!
Post a Comment