CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

donating vent

I really actually do like donating our excess stuff but today was not a good day for donating. 

The kids were getting kinda antsy and asking to go somewhere, anywhere.  I can understand that because Sunday and yesterday we didn't go anywhere.  They are used to going somewhere EVERY day so it is an adjustment.  I decided to haul our donation stuff down to the thrift store and be rid of it.  So we loaded up and headed out.

I got to the thrift store and one of the receiving employees is outside.  I am assuming on break as he was drinking coffee and standing in the loading area smoking.  I left my car running and opened my trunk.  I grabbed out the first donation bag and dude comes to my trunk.  "whatcha got?" he asks.  Clothes I say.  I carried the big bags of clothing in and dropped it in the donation bin right inside the door.  I come back out and dude is still standing by my trunk.  "that little cd player work?" he asks looking in my trunk at the box I still had in there.  Yep I said.  "that stroller got all the pieces?"  Look buddy I am not donating everything in my trunk.  BACK OFF! I didn't say that however I wanted to.  I said everything that I am donating is in working order. Please stay out of my personal belongings because not everything in my trunk is for donation. 

What a nitwit!

I understand they get a lot of crap donated but that doesn't mean that you need to go through my car to make sure I am not dropping off crap.  DUH!

~Jess~

afternoon edit:  The kids were looking for a Thomas Engine (which we never did find) so we dumped out the toy boxes and sorted.  We got rid of 21 more items to donate and a bunch more that went in the garbage.  Decluttering feels AWESOME...even K said so :)

0 comments: