CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

kitchen update project cost breakdown

wall cabinets $185.37
base cabinets including sink base $260.97
back side for center island $8.44
backsplash $7.99
panels for sides of base cabinets (including center island cabinet) $23.97
counter top $34.50
sheet of laminate for center island top $13.30
end panels for wall cabinets $21.52
outlet $2.49
wooden outlet cover $6.48
6 ft oak board for base cabinet shelving $8.49
bolts $1.64
handles for cabinets $14
more handles for cabinets since I cannot count accurately $19.96
nails $1.93
corner brackets for base cabinet shelves $2.36
end cap for countertop $5.99
board for center island top $10.23

$629.33 and I added a bit more to account for the paint I used on the trim (which I had already bought for upstairs anyway....and I came up with $633.95.  Still under budget :) and the project is DONE!

ooops...I just realized I forgot to write down the cost of the stain at $10.17.  So new total is $644.12



~Jess~

2 comments:

Kim said...

Good job! My cabinets are very similar, check out my blog in about - hmm...2 months lol and you can see it.

Mary~Momathon said...

I just got an estimate today on a new countertop which is 8 feet (and 2 feet of that is actual usable space) Countertop and labor would be $2000 - $2500. Of course... it wouldn't match the countertop around the stove and that doesn't include cabinets. And that doesn't include a new set of cabinets to set the new countertop on, not sure if I want to spend that much and then set it on the crap cabinets. I think we need to rip it all out like you did. Just have to figure out how to do it with your finesse for cutting costs!