CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Menards rocks

I seriously love menards, the superstore of hardware stores :)  . 
We went today to price the cabinets and pick up our paint for the hallway.  I decided to paint it a light khaki color.  The cabinet prices were better than Home Depot by quite a bit

a comparison                    home depot          menards
base cabinet (we need 2)  $116 each            $94.99 each
sink base                          $103                    $85.49
wall cabinet                       $94                     $77.99
wall cabinet                       $81                     $64.99
counter top                       $97(estimate)       $57.50 (exact cost)
total                                 $607                    $475.95

I did end up spending $75 in paint and paint supplies today.  UGH!  I hate painting but it needs to be done and looks pretty good so far.  I did the roller painting on everything I could for the first coat.  I will wait to do the 2nd coat until Monday because to be honest I was way stressed out trying to paint with the kids and R here.  R wasn't bad but the kids were constantly can I help and even after I put up the gate they still tried to come upstairs and get into stuff.  Crazy!  I am hoping that I can brush paint over the weekend and get the spots that can only be brushed.  I am going to drop some heavy hints on R to get take the kids to his parents for the day.

~Jess~

0 comments: