CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

my recycled (and THRIFTY) brick walkway $5.30 total cost

2 bags of sand @$1.65 each and 4 patio bricks @ 50 cents each. The rest of the bricks were from different landscaping things that were here already when we moved in or stuff I had done that I didn't like after a year or two.




It is by no means finished. I have to backfill and I have to level it out a bit more and fill in some more sand in spots. It looks uneven because it is. I had to slightly slope it toward the driveway so the water doesn't pool up and wash away all my sand below for leveling. If the very first part of it is any indication it will correct itself over next winter and be perfectly set by next spring. The section I did last summer settled over the winter and is now flat and level and sunk it perfectly. It annoyed me last summer but now it is perfect.



K wants to plant some tulips around it and that would be ok because this particular walkway sees very little traffic...me once a day to get mail and the mailman. Anyone who comes here uses the side door to come into the house. but I was thinking of just doing grass around it but IDK..what do you think?



 



~Jess~

0 comments: