Here's mine:
When i was in college, I really really wanted this couch at the thrift store. It was $20 and I only had $10 on me and like $3 in my checking account. I walked out and found a $20 bill right by my truck. I looked around but there were no vehicles anywhere near mine and it wasn't there when I went in and there wasn't a vehicle there when I went in either so I bought the couch with it. I was ecstatic. I was supporting myself and my brother while I was working 3 jobs and going to college full time and he was in highschool and working part-time. We shared a tiny 1 bedroom apartment and he was sleeping on the livingroom floor at the time because I had no couch only an old beat up recliner. It was a godsend. I really think that God was looking out for me and my brother. We always had food, bills paid and an awesome landlord and an incredible neighbor that made sure we were ok. She would always invite us down to her apartment for dinner with her and her daughter. Our manager at our job (I was assistant manager and my brother was a cook/delivery driver) would always send the leftovers home with us every night either one of us worked. I tell ya...I knew 10,000,000,000,000 ways to do something different with fried chicken so we didn't have to eat reheated fried chicken 6-7 days a week. LOL
Sunday, October 5, 2008
share a thrifty store with me
Posted by Jess at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment