that cleaning out the back of your fridge...where all the mechanical stuff is...will save on your electric bill, also cleaning out your furnace vents helps you furnance run more efficently. Ok so I knew those things in theory. It is really common sense stuff but I did it today. I called a heating and cooling company to have them come and give our furnace a tune up because it has been quite awhile. When I was on hold, they had a message playing about changing your furnace filter often and cleaning out the ductwork can improve efficiency by as much as X% (I don't remember the percentage because I was trying to break up a fight between the kids during the time I was on hold). The next message was about cleaning dust and pet hair out of the fridge to improve efficency. Hmmmmm....interesting? So anyway I cleaned it and I don't know if I will see a smaller electric bill but it was pretty nasty. Oh and it is not a thrifty thing to have someone come and tune up your furnace but it needs to be done and honestly, neither hubby nor I know the first thing about our furnace, other than how to change the filter and light the pilot light.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love your blog, Jess!
Can you share the website for printable coupons that you can search by brand name? You posted it on MI quite awhile ago.
Gretta :)
hotcouponworld has a coupon searching database. I cannot remember the one I posted on MI. Heck, I don't even remember posting it. LOL but if I find it again I will repost it.
Post a Comment