so my hubby smokes. He is really good about not smoking in the house, not smoking in the vehicle with the kids but he doesn't want to quit smoking and I can't force him to so I told him he has to smoke cheaper cigarrettes. My parents and my brother make their own cigarrettes using a hand held device that you put the tobacco in, press it down and slide a tube with a filter on it on the nozzle and you slide back the filling part and it makes a cigarrette. I found today an automatic maker with a hand crank. Uses the same tubes but no packing the tobbacco etc. I made him some cigarrettes today and it is a handy little device. It will save money. Granted him quitting smoking would save even more but like I said I can't force him to.
1 lb bag of tobbacco is $16 (makes 4 cartons)
4 boxes of tubes is $6.50 (200 tubes per box so 4 boxes will make 4 cartons)
so total cost for 4 cartons (which will last 2 months or more) is $5.63 a carton
or 56.3 cents a pack, just under 3 cents a cigarrette.
Much more affordable then his newports, cheapest carton price is $38.15
or $3.82 a pack or 19.1 cents a cigarrette.
Friday, October 3, 2008
cheap smoking
Posted by Jess at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment