CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

new tips and a good bargain today

Where to begin?!?

Well we will start with the bargain today...
I went to our more expensive local store for some sale items...got 12 cans of chicken noodle soup and 8 boxes of mac and cheese. 50 cents a box for Kraft Mac and Cheese...not my fav but hubby and the kids love it and it included all kinds so my oldest daughter was in heaven. She got SCooby doo, Pokemon and spiderman mac and cheese. Momma doesn't usually let her get the shaped stuff because it is so much more expensive. 39 cents a can for IGA brand chicken noodle soup..

Then we went to the other local store to get my generic soda. This is the only store in the area that carries it. We got 4 12 packs, a giant pumpkin for $1, a bag of chips for hubby's lunch for $2.25 and my favorite deal of the day...supreme lean ground chuck at $1.39/lb. I checked the regular price and it is a whooping $2.99/lb. Awesome. I bought 24 lbs. They only had 27 lbs available at the price so I bought what I had the $$ for. The savings percent on my receipt only shows 7% but I KNOW it was more than that...more like 57% ...but the meat doesn't ring up showing the savings from the regular price. It computes the price on the package as the regular price. Anyway, I was stoked as we haven't been seeing as many meat deals lately and I haven't been buying so we are getting low...


If you happened to buy the glade wisp candles this week at Walgreens check inside the package..I read on HCW that they were finding coupons for $3 off a Wisp inside and sure enough the 2 I already bought had them in so off I went to Walgreens again and got another 2. Unfortunately these two did not have the coupons in. I has hoping to get 2 more coupons, buy 2 more, get 2 more coupons...etc etc but I am grateful for the 2 more freebie candles for gifts. LOL.

If you happened to buy the Pert Plus deal at Walgreens, I read on HCW another use for it...Shower cleaner. I added 4 squirts to a spray bottle, watered it down with hot water, shook it really well and made myself a nicer than most (it is not the best smell in the world) smelling shower cleaner and it works pretty well. Doesn't take off the bathtub crayons from the wall but it does get the soap scum off.

And a Hubby funny...He calls me on his lunch today and says I am out of deodorant...uh no you're not, you have 6 more in the stockpile. he says " I figured...I never run out of anything anymore." It was almost in a whine voice...not like he is made about the stockpiling but just almost like it would be nice to run out of things. LOL...dork.

0 comments: