The garden is almost all in. Tonight K and I will plant the potatoes and this weekend we will do the onion sets. Next week we will do the cucumbers and decide if we will plant more tomatoes OR more cucumbers or something else. Then we are set.
We worked hard today. We planted 3 tomato plants, 3 green pepper plants and the rest were seeds, green peppers, green onions, carrots, radishes. We could have used even more room and I thought 6ft by 10 ft was good. HA! Dad knows me better than that and did it bigger than I wanted and now I am glad he did. I had more seed packets than I thought. We should have a nice harvest this year. My hope is to make homemade salsa, preferrably using only stuff from our garden! What a treat that will be!
Here are a few pics of my oldest little gardener (AKA hippie as R calls me and them) and the garden. Click on the pics to enlarge and check out the expressions on her face.




and this years garden


********
I picked up some ground beef on sale today. I also got 3 bottles of BBQ sauce $1/bottle and 5 jars of salsa $1/jar. I will repackage the ground beef tonight for the freezer. I also stopped at Walgreens and purchased the last 15 cent deodorant I had a coupon for. The cashier tonight was the same one from the other night and I mentioned that I sent a compliment in on Walgreens website about how well I thought she handled the situation. She was very appreciative of that and also told me that the lady apologized to the manager for her behavior but did not apologize to the cashier. Go figure!
********
R got stung by a bee yesterday afternoon. Luckily it was in the calf because he is very allergic. He was able to go to work but came home early. He complained of dizzy and just generally not feeling well. I was scared when I got the call because I know how allergic he is and he would never carry an Epi pen before. Now he does. I made him an appointment with our family doc today and he got an epi pen...finally. After 6 years of marriage and nagging him to get one, he finally relented. It took a lot of pushing from me and his parents and this incident to make him decide that he needs one. I feel much better about the situation now. I was so scared last night. Had he been stung higher up on his body, he could have died. He has stopped breathing because his throat will swell shut after a sting. In our 6 years of marriage, this is only the 2nd time he has been stung. Last time was about a year ago. He was stung by a small bee and not even 5 minutes later, was swollen and had a nasty rash. That still did not convince him to get an epi pen but this last incident has and I am grateful!
0 comments:
Post a Comment