CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Planning our thrifty family summer fun

In the past couple of days, R and I have begun our talk of summer plans. The goal is to spend as little OOP and still do things the kids will enjoy. Some of the things on our list are:

*riding a local tourist attraction-we got a coupon in the mail for 1/2 price admission for adults and the kids will be free
*visiting a local science exploratoy. $3 admission with coupon (kids are free again I think)
*a ski show ($3 admission for adults and free for kids with coupon)
*trip to the free zoo-about an hours drive but well worth it. We pack a lunch (or sometimes go out to eat) and make a day of it.O will enjoy the zoo this year. Last year she was kinda small for it and only really saw the giraffes from her seat in the stroller but she did like them.
*hiking trip to a not so tourist place that we took the kids to last year. They loved the view from the top of the bluff
*R wants to take K fishing
*We also have 4 tickets for a free ride on a steam train. It takes a meandering track in the hills around here. K is in love with trains. I think she will enjoy it.
*we plan on attending fireworks for 4th of July, the festival parade (which can last 1 1/2-2 hours!!), and the festival celebration in our town. In August there is another parade and fireworks in a nearby town that we hope to attend.
*a tentative on our list is the Circus. We drove past the grounds a couple days ago and K was so excited. She really wants to go so we will try to make that part of our summer plans.
*and a first for the kids...the county fair. I have yet to take the kids to the county fair and I want to so hopefully we can fit that in this year.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I bet you can sneak in a day at Bonnie's timeshare too! That place looked crowded, but fun. Sounds like a fun summer you have all lined up!

Jess said...

Oh gosh! I completely forgot about that. We will have to do that too!