CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

enjoying my new (and not exactly thrifty) phone

We came to the end of our cell phone contract in February. We did not renew and get new phones at that time because R was laid off. I have had my same phone for 2 or more years and it was showing its age, numbers sticking, not dialing, not exiting programs, not picking up calls, etc. The old girl is tough though. She went through a lot of abuse including but not limited to: a fall from the top of my car, being driven over, being frozen with some groceries in the freezer, left in the blistering sun of my car, left in the frozen tundra of my car in the middle of winter, left on top of the stove while I was baking, numerous falls from my hand to the concrete, dropped from the stroller and stepped on, being dunked in the toilet, and being left in the fridge at work with my lunch. Not to mention numerous spills, splashes, throws from kids with temper tantrums, and juice spilled on her numbers. Yeah my Nokia was a tough old bird but she has been retired now. To a drawer just in case my new phone (yet to be named-K names items) decides it does not like the abuse.

My new phone has an MP3 player and a camera. I stepped up. She is metallic purple. I love her. I hope she is as dependable and tough as old bird was.

I got R just a cheap camera phone. He wanted something simple but then he started playing with my new phone and really likes it so I am going to exchange his tommorrow for one like mine....in red.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats - I had a tough oldie too and finally had to give it up. Now I don't like my new one. I got the free phone. In two years, I'm getting a nice one! If this one even lasts that long.

Jess said...

I got one that is free after rebate so it is thrifty but not exactly because I had to buy the micro disk thingy for the MP3 player. Oh well. I love it and am getting a free blue tooth headset from my brother for it.

Rodney got the $10 phone and HATES it. I am going to exchange it tommorrow. The more he looks at it the more he hates it. LOL