Katherine from becentsable (link below in the links I like section) has posted my story this weekend. I shared with her a few weeks the story of my husband and I. Check back on her blog later in the week for my guest post on bartering. Unfortunately my brother and I will not be bartering much in the near future as his girlfriend is currently in labor. Their first child should be making her appearance any time now. As he adjusts to life as a new dad, his time will be spent in more important ways than working for me but I will continue to barter with my neighbors and our kids' sitter. Our sitter is actually working on a barter of her own right now. Her car needed some work and she is bartering for it. I am so proud of her.
My brother's girlfriend is receiving a new mommy basket from us with items from the stockpile. She is pleased. She enjoys my stockpile as well.
***************************************
We have some big plans this weekend, aside from seeing our new neice.
*We need to do the first weeding of our garden (weather permitting).
*The radishes we planted in the old garden spot are ready for thinning out.
*cleaning the garage so I can begin prepping for our garage sale (date TBD)-I have already started pricing my items but it is much easier to take stuff out to the garage and work a little bit each night after the kids are asleep.
*I hope to stop at a few garage sales this weekend. This is city-wide garage sale weekend and I was unable to go to any today with work and then checking on my brother's girlfriend in the hospital. I had planned to go after checking on her but I had a fainting episode in the hospital and once I recovered I decided that I should just go home.
*Ridding the garage of the collection of aluminum cans. We had an amusing trip last Saturday. My brother came over with the truck and trailer. We loaded up all the aluminum cans from my parents' house and our house and took them to the site that collects them and pays per pound. We arrived and there was no one there. Then we saw the sign "no longer accepting aluminum cans on Saturdays". Oh man! So we thought we would just go to one of the two local grocery stores, where a truck comes to collect and pay out on Saturdays. No such luck at either store. So we drove back to my house and unload all the cans. My garage currently looks like a recycling facility but once we receive the cash for those cans, it is worth it. The cash from the cans goes into the kids' savings accounts. K likes to tell me that she is going to get rich from cans. She is so into the money aspect of the cans that when we go for walks, she will pick them up and put them under the stroller after she crushes them. We have started taking along a bag for her cans. We are working on the recycle and good for the environment aspect of picking them up but at 3 1/2, the only real concern she has is feeding her "piggy".
This weekend we decided that we would drive by the store first and make sure the truck is there BEFORE we load up the cans yet again.
Friday, May 15, 2009
My story is featured
Posted by Jess at 10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment