CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

busy week

My employer had a big sale over memorial day weekend and that made/makes for a busy week for us employees. Good because our checks will be nice. We are paid overtime for hours over 40 a week and also for anything over 8 hours a day. Today I got one hour of OT pay. Sweet! Tommorrow I will have another hour of OT and Friday I will have one or two hours of OT and won't have to pay a sitter because my mom offered to take the kids all day. Hooray. That saves me about $40 maybe more if I work OT. Thanks mom! It is bad because we have to work extra hours and while I like the extra money, it is a bit tricky finding someone to watch the kids if I need to start before 7am. My sitter's husband has recently started a new evening into early morning shift and he is sleeping when I drop the kids off. It is not a big deal on nice days, the sitter takes the kids to the park and downtown for doughnuts and shopping for a few hours so her hubby can sleep but on rainy days, like today, she has a hard time keeping the girls quiet. I always feel so bad when I have to ask her to take the kids early. She says not to worry about it but I do. That is just how I am. Hopefully his shift change will only last a month or so, like the last shift change did, and then we will be in the clear once again. Sometimes I think how much easier that aspect of life was when I SAH but that is just not an option at the present time. I thought about finding a different sitter but then it doesn't pay for me to work because I would be paying so much more in childcare.

R and I have discussed me quitting work and staying home once my car is paid off and we have an emergency fund of $1000. We already have more than that but I want to add another $1000 after my car is paid and then stay home. But then I think about how much he dislikes one aspect of his job (not that it is a big portion-just one guy that is constantly belittling and degrading R and that pisses him off in the worst way. Not that he would quit over it) and I think I should stay working even when I don't need to just to relieve some stress from him. He says it would relieve more stress if I were home but IDK. We have $1700 on my car and $1000 in savings until we have to make a decision.

0 comments: