In an earlier post I touched on this a bit but now I would like to go into a bit more detail. As I said earlier I started my stockpile out of concern for the future, basically but I contine to stockpile for a few reasons:
- I enjoy it. I love finding great deals, getting stuff free, and having extra that I can give to family or friends when I want to or as gifts.
- I also use my stockpile as a bartering tool. My brother needs something, I have it. I can get him to work on something for us or watch the kids for whatever he needs from my stockpile.
- I just shop in my house. Ok so I do go out to the stores but if we are out of toothpaste, I just go to my stockpile and pull out a new tube.
- It is my hobby, well deal finding is.
- It gives me a sense of security. There is this wierd part of me that feels better when I know we can go for a few months without having to spend any money on household essentials. Maybe it is the recent layoff and unemployed period, whatever it is, it makes me feel more secure to have a house full of supplies.
- My kids will never have to go without something basic as DH and I each did as kids.
- Saving money. OK so yeah I am spending some money to build my stockpile BUT in spending that money, I am saving money. If I didn't have, say an extra toothpaste that I got free in the house and we were out, I would be running to Walgreens and picking one up and (GASP!) full price because I needed it right away, I didn't have a coupon, and it wasn't on sale. Even if I planned it out right I would still spend more than getting that toothpaste free.
- I like to compare with fellow stockpilers.
I know there are more reasons but my brain is fried from a rough day at work.
edited:
I thought of the last one:
- It makes my shopping trips much easier now. I no longer have a list with deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc etc etc on it. I have my must have now list (milk, bread, fruit, veggies) and my coupon list (what items I need/want that are on sale and I have coupons for) and my get if it is a good deal list (things that I have coupons close to expiration or like my local store offers instore specials every week so I take my coupons there and see what is on special that was not advertised that would be an exceptional deal with my coupons)
0 comments:
Post a Comment