CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A few side things we do to save money

  • We eat at home almost all the time. It is a real treat to go out to lunch..which my husband and oldest daughter are doing tommorrow.
  • I take food and soda to work with me. I never buy from the vending machines and I don't take money to work with me so I am not even tempted.
  • We buy frozen concentrate juice. It lasts longer. I can water it down for the kiddos when I make it and it is way cheaper per ounce than buying the regular stuff straight from the shelf.
  • I sign up at all the manufacturer's website for coupons. I get more junk mail this way but I also get some coupons that are not given out to the general public.
  • complain and compliment. Get a defective product...shoot the company a quick but polite email stating your concern or problem. Also compliment...really like something new that you tried? Shoot them an email and 9 times out of 10, the manufacturer will send you a nice email and/or letter and some coupons by mail. Just remember to sign your email and include your address below your name.
  • we save our aluminum cans and turn them in for cash 2-3 times a year. We don't make a ton of money this way. I just took them in last weekend and got $20.

I will think of more later and start another post.

0 comments: