just recently my credit card rate took a huge jump...from a not too shabby 8% to a whooping 15%..No late payments on ANY bills, only a couple hundred dollar balance. I paid it off completely but I am going to call and complain. Last time I did this, they knock my interest rate back down to where it was before the jump. So check those APRs and if they jumped recently try calling and negotiating a lower rate. If they say no, you can tell them you will transfer your balance to a different card and close your account. They will usually negotiate with you. They want to keep your business. I pay my card off every month when I use it but still that rate is ridiculous. I am trying this new pay with cash or debit card only and it is working pretty well lately.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah... I think they do it sometimes thinking that people won't notice... and the sad thing is that most people DON'T notice. MBNA was NOTORIOUS for this. We've had to call twice a year (before it was taken over) to deal with the same thing. Good luck!
Post a Comment