I like garage sales. I love the hunt, the bargaining, etc. But what I love more than going to garage sales is having my own. Many people don't like to do them because of the work involved but I found a way that makes it seem like a lot less work.
I start after Christmas every year..usually mid-January. As I go through the house cleaning (every time I clean) I will find things that are just sitting around, that we don't use, that the kids have outgrown, we replaced with something else, or is just not our style anymore. I take these items to a box that I keep set up in my bedroom. Once the box gets full, I sit down and price the items, then put them in a larger box in my closet. Once the larger box is full, it goes to the garage where I have 5-6 tote boxes set up. I have the tote boxes sorted by category so the items get sorted out and then put up for the garage sale. I have signs made from previous years. The night before my garage sale all I have to do is set up tables, unpack my boxes and get everything situated. The day of the garage sale, I put my signs up and get ready to sell.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Garage sales
Posted by Jess at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment