CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a little vent about money

So I called my credit card company today for two reasons only one of which I accomplished. Reason #1 to ask them to lower my rate~I did not accomplish this because I did not even ask. The rep I spoke to was so hard to understand. He had a foreign accent and maybe my midwestern ears don't hear foreign accents well but I had to ask him to repeat everything he said more than once. I will call back later and *hopefully* speak to a rep with an american type of accent.

Reason #2 my bank recently was bought by another bank and I need to update my account info for my online payments. Should be really easy right? NOT.. I tried to do it online but I cannot remember my security word that I used when I got the card. They give you 5 choices of questions that you could have answered and then you are supposed to guess what one you chose and answer accordingly. Well I got this card 6 years ago and I have not had to change anything until now. Of course I do not remember it but I try like heck to guess what it is. I got locked out of my account. I called customer "service". I was connected to the foreign sound man mentioned above. I told him my problem. He asked me my security question. I told him that is the problem..I don't remember the answer. So I guessed again and again and again and again and again and again. Finally he gave me a number for technical support. But "since he had me on the line" (his words), he would like to offer me a special promotion for ********** cardholders.
Our dialogue went a bit like this:
him: I see that you have XXXXX amount of available credit.
me: yeah and I like to keep it available. I don't intend getting that high of a balance.
him: we are offering a X.XX% rate for cardholders in good standing on any balance transfer.
me: sorry I have no balance to transfer.
him: I would then like to offer you a loan of up to XXXXX (which just happens to be the exact amount of available credit I have) for X.XX%.
me:no thank you. I only called about my security word. Thank you.....
him (interrupting me): I also see that you do not have our credit protection service. would you be interested in.......
me interrupting him: no sir. Thank you and have a good day. I am not interested in any offers.
Him: but ma'am in this trying time, we want you to know that XXXXXXXX is here for you....
I hung up.

In this trying time they are HERE for ME?!?!?!?! What? So rack up my balance, in this trying time....whatever.

0 comments: