CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When thrifty goes wrong Part #1 and #2

So in my thriftiness journey I have done some stupid moves and some not so thrifty things.

#1...When I first started with couponing and stockpiling, I would get so into figuring out my deals and matching my coupons with sales that I would forget to look at my list for things I needed that I did not have coupons for usually (milk, bread) and I would come home with bags of stuff that I got for very cheap. I would start putting stuff away and all while telling my husband how much this cost originally and how much I paid. I would get to the end and he would say.."so is the milk and bread still out in the car?" DOH! I forgot what I went to the store for in the first place. Yeah DUMB!

#2...I made the mistake earlier in the year of getting too excited about stuff I found at a garage sale for one of the kids or myself and not look it over completely. I did that with a pair of flannel pj pants that I bought for myself. They were marked 25 cents. Cool!! I grabbed them up right away, Held them up to my waist to make sure they would fit and checked them over. I didn't notice until after I paid and was home that they had a rather large hole in the side by the pocket. I was not impressed. But I still wear them around the house for now. The hole is getting larger so they will have to go but I did get some wear out of them anyway.

I also made the mistake a couple times of not counting the change that people would give me back when I used a $5 or $10 bill at a garage sale. I got ripped off for a buck or two a couple times. I was not amused. Now I carry $1 bills and change with me when I go to a yard sale. I pay in exact change if possible and if I do need to give a person money and I am expecting change back I count it before I put it in my pocket. I have caught someone giving me back too little money twice and too much money once. I try to only give them enough so I get coins back...no bills.

0 comments: