CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

couponing basics

Just because you have a coupon, you don't have to use it right away or ever if you don't want to or the item doesn't go on a good enough sale.

I have found it best to hold onto my coupons for 3-4 weeks after they come out. If the item is on sale that week for a good price, I will use my coupon but I have generally found that the item goes on sale 3-4 weeks AFTER the coupon comes out. I have a theory on that. I believe the manufacturer puts out the coupon to get you to try the item right away. Once you have tried it and like it, they put it on sale to get you to buy some more and then you might become hooked and pay regular price for it after that. Of course those of us that stockpile, will have bought enough when it was on sale to last until the next sale so we don't pay full price for that item EVER.

Watch expiration dates on your coupons, but know generally if that coupon expires before you use it, there will probably be the same coupon out again either the week it expires or the week after it expires, just something I have noticed.

It's just a coupon, not gold, oil, gas, or your life savings. If you use it and miss a good sale, oh well...there are more sales and more coupons.

2 comments:

Melissa (melarino) said...

Jess,

I love your blog. You are one crafty Momma.

-Melissa from MI :)

Jess said...

Thank you...