CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

thrifty carpet cleaning

I cannot take credit for this because the original idea I read it somewhere else. I cannot remember the original author or the site which I read it on because I frequent many money saving sites. The original author said that they use vinegar in their carpet shampooer as a thrifty way to clean the carpets. I tried that tonight but because the smell of vinegar makes me gag, I added some glade fabric refresher spray to the shampoo container on the side of my cleaner and I am happy to report that it worked great. The house has a faint scent of vinegar. I think I will add a bit less next time. I added 1 1/2 teaspoons this time. I will try 1 next time. But the glade scent is also in the air. The carpets feel soft and are very clean. I believe it worked better than the shampoo I usually buy and I don't worry about the kids crawling and walking on the carpet afterward because there are no chemicals

0 comments: