CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

updates

nothing much new here. Just living life. Still on a couponing hiatus while we eat from the pantry. I still check the coupons ever week but lately there has not been any deals that I needed so I am still taking a break.

We recently scored a great deal on Mountain Dew. $4 a case...yep a case 24 cans. This week Walgreens has 5 12 packs for $12 which I will also be getting in on. R should be set for soda for a while.

I recently received a raise. R's work is very slow but as it turns out I am making just 18 cents less an hour than he is on his regular shift but making 12 cents more per hour than him when he works days. Since his work is slow, we do not know what might happen but are prepared for him to get laid off again. We have a plan in place. What will happen is I will go back to working 5 days a week. I should get 36-40 hours per week then. He will get a little unemployment. He will keep the kids everyday rather than paying the sitter to watch them and I will be the breadwinner again until he gets called back to work or finds something else. Is it what I want? well no, but whatever keeps us afloat. Do what ya gotta do! It will be quite the change. Because my checks are for groceries, the sitter and paying off my car, we will do a switch and his unemployment will go toward my car and groceries and my checks will go toward the household bills, like his currently do. We can make it work. I have faith in us and mostly my financial management skills. :)

0 comments: