CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

talking thrifty

I just LOVE when people talk thrifty to me. I was chatting with this older lady at work. She is probably in her 60's. Nice lady. She was telling me some things she has started doing lately to save money. The conversation originally started with gardening and turned into a thrifty conversation. As we were talking, I mentioned making my own laundry detergent. She was very intrigued and asked for the recipe. As I was telling her about it, my boss walked up and overheard and is also interested in getting my recipe. Since I don't follow any exact recipe, I typed out what I do and my notes on where to find the stuff needed locally.

I hope they like it. I do. I made more last night and used it tonight and this batch is much better than the last one

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I have been making my own for several months now. I ran out and did not have time to make it and then I forgot etc. etc. you know! anyway, I bought a small bottle of laundry soap from the store to use. My clothes looked so much better after I washed them with the store bought soap. I did not realize the clothes were looking so dingy, but they were very dingy!

Do you have that problem? What kind of soap do you use and in what amount? I don't know if I want to make my own anymore if it won't keep the clothes looking clean.