I used some of the mozzarella I froze last time it was on sale when I made lasagna today. I defrosted it overnight in the fridge and you could not even tell it had been frozen at one point. Good thing to keep in mind for the future.
K and I went to the store this evening to pick up milk for over at the sitter's this week and I got more of the $1/bag cheese to freeze. The sitter and I have a pretty good system down. I buy the milk they drink for over at their house for the girls (2%). If the girls are there 4 or 5 days I buy 1 gallon, if they are there 3 days I buy 1/2 gallon and if they are there less than 3 days I don't buy and she supplies it. It works out pretty well. If they are there 5 days there is usually just a couple glasses left at the end of the week so the sitter keeps it. This is pretty fair considering she supplies 99% of the food. I supply the juice every week, snacks about once a month and all the diapers, wipes, bug spray, sunscreen, tylenol, lotion, etc. whenever she needs them. When the kids were still using formula and baby food I supplied all that too. It is only fair. Now the kids have breakfast there (some mornings, but not all) 2 snacks and lunch. Lunch is whatever the sitter is making for her husband that day. Snacks are usually a piece of fruit, some yogurt or ice cream, or cookies or veggies or whatever. She always gives me a rundown of what they ate that day and bathroom business and if there were any behavioral incidents. She also tells me about O's nap (or lack thereof). I couldn't ask for a better sitter.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
frozen shredded cheese
Posted by Jess at 10:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We freeze shredded cheese all the time. Works well!
Post a Comment