CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Can't always be the cheapest person around.

Nope it can't happen. Case in point: I went to the grocery store tonight to use more of the $1 bag of cheese coupons and to get some A1 and raspberries on sale. Raspberries are a special treat because they are usually so darn expensive. The kids and I love fresh raspberries but they are so expensive normally. Anyway I had coupons for A1 $2/1 and $1 off beef when you buy A1. I should have been able to use both the $2 off A1 and the $1 off beef together as they are for different things but the one coupon requires the purchase of both and the other requires just the A1. Evidently that is a many vary thing because the computer would not take off all 4 coupons. So I decided to just use one of each to get $3 off. We really didn't need the meat but I was at a self checkout, the store was very busy, and the kids were getting whiny and wanting their raspberries. I got flustered when the coupons wouldn't all work and I just put 2 back in my purse and said oh well and proceeded to pay. Had I been thinking I would have used one of each but I was so flustered I used the $1 off when you buy beef ones and not the $2 off A1 coupons. Dang! I cost myself $2 in coupons PLUS the $5 ish for the meat that we did not really need. It was on sale so that was ok but still ugh! $7 I did not need to spend. Sure we will use the A1 and the ground beef but dang it. I wanted it to work out. At least I still have the $2 off coupons to use at another time but still. I hate when I get flustered like that and screw up. I can't be perfect and it was worth the trip for the raspberries alone. They were so good.

We also got 2 snuggle fabric softener ($2.99 in store special and I had $1 coupons making it $1.99 each.

0 comments: