After work the kids and I got takeout for dinner (a rare treat!) and we played outside for a bit. I pulled some weeds while they played. After we came back in, the girls had a drink and some ice cream while I started cleaning. During their bath, I started a new batch of my homemade laundry detergent. We found out that the culprit of R's and O's breakouts with the last batch is borax so I have been omitting the borax and so far so good. I used castille soap on this batch this time so we will see how they react (if at all) to that. So far the fels naptha and washing soda recipe works well. We will try the Castille soap and washing soda this time. I added a dash of fabric softener to this batch as well. We are no longer cloth diapering. I just do not have the time with working like I am and O's waist was getting a bit too big for the one size bumgenius that I use and I am not buying more cloth diapers for the hopefully short time remaining that O will be in diapers. Because I am not cloth diapering anymore, I am able to add the fabric softener to the laundry detergent (you cannot use additives with cloth diapers). I sold the cloth diapers to a friend and she is getting good use from them. WIN WIN!
So now the laundry detergent is made, I am working on my 2nd laod of laundry, the dishes are done, the house is picked up, the bathroom is cleaned. All I need to do yet is take a shower and go to bed!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
rockin' the housework today
Posted by Jess at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment