CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day after Christmas deals

I went to 7 stores throughout the day. We went to Christmas on my mom's side but I got up early this morning and went with mom and dad to Kohls and a Walmart. I got like 10 rolls of wrapping paper at walmart, a couple things of candy, some cologne sets for my brother and hubby for gifts for later, a little lip gloss disney princess purse thing for my oldest DD, a tote box for ornaments since our collection grew by a lot this year and some chistmasy colored take alongs food storage things for $1 per set. There are 3 or 4 in the set. I was going to buy a larger fake tree but when I mentioned that to mom she said not to because she would just give me her 7 1/2 ft because she only puts up a little one now. SCORE! We have a 4 ft now but our ornament collection grew so much this year that we need a bigger tree now. LOL. I scored huge last year at Sears in early January. They had a ton of Dora, Diego, Tigger, Disney princess, Tinkerbell, and Barbie ornaments for 90% off. I got sets of 4 for under $1 per set! They became gifts this year since I get the girls and ornament or 2 (or more...if we find cute ones at the thrift store) every Christmas season. I try to buy things that fit their personality and interests that year and if they don't already have the year, I write the year on them with a sharpie real small.  We also went to breakfast.  That was Delish!  A meal where I didn't have to tell someone to eat; just try a bite; how do you know you don't like it?, you eat eggs all the time; what do you mean you are full, you ate 2 bites?!?!; stop fighting with your sister and EAT! 




At kohls I only got 2 ornaments for the kids. I didn't see anything that was priced good enough for me to bite.



After visiting at my grandpa's, the kids and I stopped at a Walmart. I got the girls some stickers, and we got a few grocery things. Mainly we went to decompress from the mass of people at Grandpa's and to check on the Christmas clearance there but there was not a lot left at all and it was surprising not very busy. We got gas and dinner in that town.



We got back on the interstate and we had gone about 10 miles when my oldest said she had to go to the bathroom. We went before we got back on the road so I asked her if she could hold it for a little bit. The next exit was 15 miles and there was a wayside coming up (in the middle of nowhere) but because it was just me and the 2 kids and starting to get dark, I really did not want to stop there unless I absolutely had to. She said she could hold it longer so we just got off at the next exit and walmart was right there. We went into that Walmart and she went. Then we checked out the Christmas clearance again and the girls found a couple ornaments they liked and I found some pj pants for $5.



Our final exit from the interstate there is a Kmart and the girls were tired of riding so we stopped there and ended up getting a set of ornaments, some boxers for DH, a Thomas Train for my youngest, a barbie lip gloss set for my oldest, a couple more of the barbie sets to put away as gifts, everything was on clearance and they had an additional 20% off clearance toys so the Train was only $7. O is really into trains...big time!  she was so excited about her Thomas she wanted to sleep with it.  I think I might call my MIL tommorrow and tell her about them and then have her pick up the others.  For $7 a piece, they can become birthday presents later :)



After the kids were in bed, I needed some alone time, so I told hubby I was leaving for a bit.  I went to Pamida and got a couple keepsake ornaments with 2009 on them. They are pewter with crystals. Really cute and kinda pricey for me (even clearanced they were $4.50 each) but I had a really hard time finding ornaments with 2009 on them for some reason. I also got my mom a wooden snowman decor thingy. She collects snowmen so that will be perfect and only $5. Their clearance was 70% off a lot of the Christmas stuff. They are really pricey so I don't shop there very often but I do check out the clearance. I stopped by Walgreens and I found a couple things but didn't buy. They had a lot left so I will wait and see if they go lower. If I don't get them, no biggie. They are just things for the sitter for her Birthday and stuff. She collects angels.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

SEVEN stores?!!?! You are amazing! don't have the patience to put up with that much shopping in one day!

Jess said...

LOL. It was fun though. The girls, well K, loves shopping.