CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

goals

With the lack of motivation to be at work, I decided to set new goals.  Goal 1 is to get 6 months of bills in savings...right around $7500.  Our monthly bills are actually just under $1000 but we wanted to get a bit more for LP and our life and car insurances.  Goal 2 is to get $5-6K in savings for a new to us vehicle when the time comes.  We can accomplish this quickly when we get our tax return.  I did a preliminary estimate of our tax return last night and we should get quite a chunk of change back.  Part of this will go for a new furnace and the rest will get put away.  The original plan was to get a new furnace and new siding but we are going to wait another year on the siding but we cannot wait on the furnace.

I was worried about my job and how losing it would affect our savings goals.  I don't know that I am losing my job but temps are done on 12/31 and I am technically a temp.  I was injured again last week so whether or not I still have a job is up in the air in my mind.  Then I got a call from hubby today and he is going to be able to start working 10 hours (or more) of OT in a week.  That will quickly help us meet our savings goals!

0 comments: