CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Proud of myself

The dresser I upcycled looked so nice that I decided to spruce up two of our other painted dressers.  I painted R's which was white with flowers painted on it and porcelain knobs with flowers.  Yeah, soooo not a guys dresser but it worked for him.  He had the least amount of clothes at the time and that was the smallest dresser.  We only had 3 and the kids shared the biggest one, I got the 2nd biggest and he got the leftovers.  Poor guy!

I painted that dresser brown and gave it a bit of pink accent, put the flowery knobs back on and now it is O's dresser.  I brought the biggest dresser downstairs for me and painted my old dresser brown for R.  I put the original handles back on.  However I am going to get new ones for him. 

I realized today that I have never once paid for a dresser!  The biggest one (now mine again) was a gift from my dad's friend's girlfriend at the time.  She bought a new bedroom set and I inherited her oak nightstand and oak dresser.  That beast is HEAVY and I moved it myself today from upstairs to downstairs.  Liv's new dresser was my grandparents' dresser at one time.  I inherited that when K was born and the dresser that is now R's, I inherited from my parents. I don't remember where they got it but I think it was a donation to us after our house fire.  So yep...I have never paid for a dresser and I am 30 1/2 and still haven't started paying. LOL


O's new dresser (used to be flowery)



R's new dresser.  I HATE these handles so I will change them out.  I couldn't get the whole dresser in the pic because they are stacked.  I put his on top of mine since they are both the long type of dresser and take up quite a bit of room in our bedroom.  Having them stacked will work out nicely and give us more space.


~Jess~

1 comments:

Jenera said...

Looks great. I've been trying to work up the gumption to redo the kids' dresser but it's not on the top of my list right now.